When we arrived, the floor had been treated with a water-based lacquer that had held up well, despite wear and tear. However, it had aged rather poorly and something lighter was needed.

We set to work sanding the floor using both a belt-sander and a rotary, as well as a palm-sander about the edges of the rooms.

We then set about mixing up different colour samples, aiming to brighten the room up and give it a new look. These samples are a few that we whipped up, all are equally strong and will stand the test of time, mixing in a colour is a matter of tone, intensity and shading. Ultimately, the Client decided for a lighter, wash-like matte finish to emphasize the maple-floor.


Close Menu