The top being badly damaged was tested to find the best method of removing the marks. Once achieved the complete chest was cleaned back.
A final clean & inspection before delivery to the London Studio
The fabric display unit has been assembled and a further matte grey spray paint has been applied. The display unit has a grey PU faux leather top. The oak edging has been carefully waterstained and clear matte lacquered to match the existing decor of the showroom.
Note the top has protection
The antique oak floor has been completed in the restaurant room area.
The french polished oak parquet has mellowed under a matte finish to give a classy, relaxed look to this wonderful restaurant.
The antique oak floor completwed by Barford’s looks stunning, with a classic timeless look – only completed a few weeks before the furniture arrived !!
This is an office area, where all the repairs and removed trunking are a distant memory. Once again an elegant antique oak floor that has been restored to look 100 years old !!
Once the repairs are completed, the area was off limits to staff while the floor was being stained. Using traditional waterstains with a twist, the antique oak strip floor was aged and given a silvery sheen.
We allways work with the grain and keep neat, to give the best finish possible.
Whist this antiquet oak strip floor is being stained, we have masked up the skirting areas.
When we gain access to blueprints for the finalised Ground Floor, we learn that the finished room will be divided between Parquet floors and tiles. We set out markers for the floor and begin to restore and replace any Parquet that is damaged. We cordon off the area while this is happening, as while we’re wearing Dust Masks, other people on site may not be. Our Sander is equipped with an inbuilt Vacuum cleaner, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry. The final sand is then covered with boards to protect it from foot-traffic until we can return to put the finish on the floor.
The ground floor of Mortimer House is Parquet, and differs from the other floors in the building. It called for different treatment, and a different finish. We spoke with the client and narrowed down his request to the different finishes set out below. We again sanded the area back to ensure the finish was as accurate to the final product as possible.
We began work at Mortimer House by obtaining numerous permits and certifications clearing us work on such a site, including an Asbestos Awareness course and undergoing SSSTS training.
We set about sanding down a small area of a floor and applying a number of finishes to it to allow the client an understanding of what the floor would look like when completed. These samples included a variety of water-based lacquers and Oil finishes.